Davis will be 13 soon.
Every week, I take him for his Hebrew tutoring and I must say (no bias here) that he is doing very well. His teacher seems very pleased.
So far, so good.
What I love about going with him is the venue. Class is held in the library at our synagogue.
I love libraries (not just because I’m in the info biz), but this is even more special. Here are 13 things I noticed at yesterday’s lesson:
1) The sun shining in through the stained glass window. The design is a vibrant collage of the Torah, a dove and an olive branch.
2) The framed torn yellow fabric with the Star of David/Jude.
3) A very cool mod clock. (think MOMA)
And, believe it or not, a lot of books. Including….
8 ) O Jerusalem – this book was on our bookshelf when I was a kid.
9) To Be A Jew – this one too!
10) The Jewish Book of Why – this one too!
12) Justice at Neurenberg– Conot (you can read this online)
13) IDIOT’S Guide to the Bible. (seriously?)