Jenne’ posted a random bullet list the other day. It got me to thinking. And then, she suggested I write one too. (Was that because my comment was so huge and rambling? Oops. Sorry!) But yes, I will take that challenge.
So here’s what is in my head today.
- Baltimore Restaurant Week is starting. We’ve let the boys choose where to go. I think it’s so cool that they want to go someplace with these entree choices:
Salmon Ahumado de Asturias
Filete de Tilapia Alcazar
Tortilla de Gambas
Pollo a al Riojana
Ternera Asada Luis Candelas
Roast veal with mushroom sauce and sautéed potatoes
- We’re baking bittersweet chocolate and chipolte bars this afternoon.
- Last night we had dinner at a friend’s house with 3 other couples and their kids. The adults hung out and talked and laughed for hours. How fun is that? We all learned some interesting things:
Scott can’t whistle.
Andrew can’t snap his fingers.
Ross can do this very odd Mexican Jumping Bean thing.
Ellen can do a bacon wiggle thing on the floor.
Seriously, we did not even drink that much.
- I love thunderstorms. A big one is brewing.
- Reed and I have the same taste in music. I never thought I’d like my kids’ music. Or that they’d like mine. It sure makes picking a radio station in the car easier.
- Each of my boys grew over an inch since April. And each grew a shoe size or more, too.
- Why does it seem we have to DO something all the time? Sometimes I’d like to do NOTHING.
- I found 3 pairs of ski gloves in the car. Today. In July.
- I went to a great friend’s 40th birthday luncheon almost 2 years ago and she had these great picture frames as place cards at the table. I just printed a great picture of us together and put it in the frame. It makes me smile.
- I love public speaking. It shocks me since I was so afraid for so long.
- I am always amazed at how hard it is to read email the way it was intended. Shorthand and rushing makes it tough – it comes across so terse sometimes. I wish everyone re-read every email before hitting send.
- I think that many people think others don’t understand their motivations for saying and asking certain things. And I think it’s more transparent than they imagine. And I think they’d be embarrassed if they realized.
- I get so excited about adventures with the kids. Friday, we leave for a friend’s mountain cabin. Mini-bikes. Fishing. Can’t wait.
- No wonder I’m exhausted. I have lots of stuff in my head.