Halloween merchandising is over. That is another great thing about today. Yay. See, all you people out there who asked me today why I haven’t posted yet about how much I HATE Halloween? I’ve been busy thinking of things I like about this particular night of the year. Here is my list:
1) Candy. I do love candy. I hate kids coming to the door begging for it. I hate that my kids wander the streets for it and how much they get. But in and of itself? I love candy.
2) Like I wrote above – I love that the frenzy ends tonight. No more screeching crap in stores and overpriced displays. Yay.
3) The neighborhood teenagers are friendly for a night. Go figure.
4) Dinner is usually really easy and casual. The reason is so there’s plenty of room for candy and so the kids can leave the house, but I love a soup and salad kind of dinner.
5) Candy. Oh wait, I said that.
6) And I confess that I do love the little princess costumes. But don’t tell anyone, please.
Try as I might, I can’t think of anything else. Except maybe that it’s nice to see my boys so happy when they spread the candy out on the living room floor and assess the loot. And I do enjoy seeing them sort the candy by type and size. I love organized shit.
In fact, The Container Store has nothing on us. Sort by color. By size, shape, texture. Chocolate vs. not. It’s just not natural.
Some therapists are going to have a field day some day.
Happy F*&!ing Halloween.