While Christmas has deep meaning for many of my friends, it’s not a holiday that we celebrate. But please don’t for a second think that I don’t appreciate and savor the holiday. I do.
Some highlights so far:
- Sleep late and coffee in bed. No spills today.
- The blooms on my Christmas cactus are unbelievably beautiful.
- Baking. Need I say more? I’m even wearing an apron. This is serious.
- With everything closed, there’s truly no pressure to go anywhere or do anything.
- It’s so quiet. See #3
- Seeing happy friends on Facebook makes me… you guessed it, happy!
- Time to blog. See #3
- Family time. And if I hang out near the kitchen, I catch extra glimpses of the boys as they pass through to graze.
- Time to read. See #3
And more to come… headed out in a couple hours with that Gingerbread Linzertorte…